The ladies of Web-Fi like to remain up to date. Our first Instagram account supports our love for data visualization. Hence we simply could not resist. In this short article, we would like to share with you some key guidelines we picked up from our experience in analyzing performance across social media networks.
Instagram is a free mobile application that allows you to exchange digital pictures or videos with other mobile devices. The photos and videos can be digitally filtered and exchanged on social media sites such as Instagram itself.
Why we are in favor of Instagram for Business?
- Instagram will help you find your niche market through your content. Instagram has 200 million monthly active users. This is your opportunity to reach your target audience. How would you like your brand to be seen?
- Instagram will strengthen your visual identity. Even if you do not sell products or services directly, you can still find ways to place your business in a good light.
- Scheduling is not possible as Instagram has been developed to capture moments in a snapshot. However nothing prevents you to a hoard a series of images in a folder and store them in the correct order to post to your account over time.
- You can also add captions to your photos with comments. This gives an extra touch of personality and context to your posts.
- Hashtags and Geotags ensure that you reach the right audience, but do not go overboard using them. 2 or 3 tags per post are sufficient.
Furthermore, we were delighted to find out that there is a free tool to monitor the metrics for our Instagram account. We use Iconosquare. We managed to set it up in a jiffy. To monitor your Instagram campaigns in Google Analytics, we recommend you to simply tag all URLs/ links with campaign parameters according to your campaign tagging protocol.
Right now Web-fi is joyfully busy following new accounts and uploading nice pictures. Do you want to see for yourself ? Check out our account at : http://instagram.com/webfi_analytics.